Contact Us | Home
muzirisheritage.org
 
     
 

Ruins of Kottappuram Fort


Kottappuram Fort also known as Kodungalloor Fort was built by the Portuguese in 1523 and was referred to popularly as Cranganore Fort. Later the fort was captured and destroyed by Dutch in 1663. Located on the mouth of the river Periyar, before it joins the Arabian Sea, the Kottappuram fort is situated in Methala village in Thrissur district. The fort and its ruins bear an exceptional testimony to the cultural tradition of Muziris and is now of the protected monuments of Muziris Heritage Site.

 
     
Designed by Invis Multimedia