Built in 1506 as the residence of the Portuguese Governor, the Bishop's House stands on a little hillock near the Parade Ground in Fort Kochi. The facade of the House is characterised by large Gothic arches and has a circular garden path winding up to the main entrance. The building was acquired by Dom Jos Gomes Ferreira, the 27th Bishop of the Diocese of Kochi whose jurisdiction extended over Burma, Malaya and Ceylon, in addition to India. Adjacent to the Bishop's House is the Indo-Portuguese Museum which houses precious artefacts collected from various churches under the Cochin diocese.
Nearest railway station: Ernakulam, about 5 km away
Nearest airport: Cochin International Airport, about 26 km away
Latitude: 10.271681, Longitude: 76.2323