Toilet mapping has been started in order to ensure that tourist stations are functioning strictly as per the regulations laid by the Responsible Tourism Mission. Pertaining to the same, the following activities will be conducted all over Kerala under the supervision of the Responsible Tourism Mission.
• Places with public toilets and public washrooms will be mapped.
• Places without public toilets will be mapped.
• House owners and initiatives offering toilet facilities at a minimum rate will be found.
• Responsible Tourism rating will be provided.
• Digital tools to enable travellers to find and rate washroom facilities will be developed.
• Financial aid to ameliorate and develop facilities in the PPP model will be provided.