KERALA TOURISM NEWSLETTER
State Tourism Award Winner
It is a winner of Kerala Tourism's award for the 'best five-star deluxe hotel' and is a proud symbol of hospitality in the commercial hub of Kerala - Kochi. The hotel has as its hallmark in appearance and functional style, the traditional charm of Kerala, blending smoothly with state of the art luxury.
Situated on the Willingdon Island in Kochi, this hotel is favoured by those who love superb all round services and also for the overwhelming surrounding beauty marked by backwaters and islets. It is conveniently tucked away from the crowds and bustle of Kochi city and yet is close to some of the heritage locales and historically important landmarks in Kochi.
Rooms and Suites at Taj Malabar
All guestrooms at Taj Malabar have a signature of style and comfort that is uniquely their own.
Tower Wing Rooms
- They are a fine blend of local architecture and European elegance. These rooms offer breathtaking views of the backwater dotted with Chinese fishing nets and also that of the Kochi harbour.
Heritage Wing Rooms
- These rooms are marked by Victorian style interiors with arched pillars, expressing luxury in a subtle manner.
- These suites come with a separate living room and bedroom with traditional carved ceiling. A grand four-poster bed, marble-surfaced bathroom, balcony with breakfast table and fantastic views of the adjoining backwaters and islets are the specialities of the suite room.
- Again a room that exudes victorian style interiors and lots of space and gracefully positioned artifacts, the deluxe suite comes with a separate living room and a bedroom with large king-size bed. Also part of the room are the study area, dressing room, spacious bathroom, and a private terrace garden with a balcony with a splendid view of the backwaters.
Facilities in all of these rooms include wireless Internet connectivity, international direct dialing facility, electronic safe, mini bar, hair dryer and television with satellite programs, besides mineral water, tea / coffee maker and a fruit bowl.
Food and Wine
Experiencing the cuisine spread at Taj Malabar is truly enjoyable. Guests here are always assured of a variety of dishes and refreshing drinks. The finest in Indian and international cuisines make staying at Taj Malabar even more enjoyable and memorable.
- This is a seasonal open-air restaurant, known for its great barbeques and grills.
- Offering many international brands to enjoy, this is a nice joint for guests to unwind. This bar also has daily live piano performance and live band on weekends.
- Delicious spread of dishes from the Mediterranean coasts, North India and Kerala makes this restaurant a favourite among the guests at Taj Malabar. It has an exclusive children's menu and provides a fine experience of five-course candlelight dinner with special table arrangements.
The Rice Boat
- Fresh seafood caught from the backwaters and displayed in a show kitchen would be too temptingâ€¦and what's more, you can have them customized and eaten! This seafood specialty restaurant has a dÃ©cor and appearance that resembles the traditional rice barge (kettuvallom) of Kerala. Available in this restaurant are Kerala backwater cuisine; exotic ocean catch and internationally-renowned seafood.
The Thai Pavilion - fresh produce from the hotel garden goes into the Thai delicacies available at this restaurant. And it is according to Taj Malabar the only authentic Thai restaurant in Kerala.
Other facilities and services
Business services at Taj Malabar include copier, laptop computers on hire, mobile phones on hire, multimedia systems, portable printers on hire, secretarial services, wireless Internet access and workstations.
Also available are convenient and state-of the-art facilities for meetings and banquets. The Taj Malabar is equipped with banquet halls that can accommodate 30 to 300 persons or 25 to 250 persons for cocktails/receptions and 10,000 sq. ft space of lawn facing the backwaters.
A business centre with a boardroom is also part of the business-related facilities at the Taj Malabar. Boat cruises with cocktails / lunch / dinner on board can also be arranged. A range of theme options are also available.
And when it comes to leisure and other services, Taj Malabar provides you the services of babysitters, beauty and hair care salon, car hire, currency exchange, doctor-on-call, express laundry / dry cleaning, florist, and travel assistance
Fitness and fun
At Taj Malabar, guests can also add some fun and fitness oriented programs. And they come in the form of backwater cruises, chill shower, fitness centre, jacuzzi, souvenir and bookshop, speedboat rides, steam room, swimming pool and the Taj Cinnamon Coast
- the luxury yacht. And the list is not complete without an experience at the Jiva Spa
for experiencing some of the best in Indian rejuvenation therapies.
And for children, Taj Malabar has for them board games, fishing, kite making, play-station and movies, pool games, story-telling and table tennis.
The Taj Malabar combines old-world elegance with modern day convenience. A delightful experience in hospitality, over its period of existence, this five-star hotel in Kochi has lived upto the expectations of its guests from around the world. It is indeed an enterprising host that continues to win the hearts of its guests.
Taj Malabar, Cochin
Cochin - 682 009
Tel: +91 484 6643000
Fax:+91 484 6643182