This reduces the stiffness in the muscles around cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions. It also strengthens the lungs. A good exercise to improve the health of asthma patients.
How to do Matsyasana?
- Lie down flat on your back. Keep your feet together.
- Place your hands on the floor, palms facing downwards. Move your hands beneath your thighs, close to your buttocks.
- Keep your forearms firmly on the floor and lift your chest up by weighing down on your elbows.
- When your chest is off the floor, lower your head back till it touches the floor.
- Ensure that your elbows, and not your head, bear the weight of your torso.
- Breathe evenly as your body is now an arch. Maintain the posture for around a minute.
- To unwind from the posture, lift your head off the floor and straighten your back.
- Now, lower your torso completely onto the floor. Relax your body.