Download Mobile Application Kerala Tourism Kerala Tourism
Kumarakom Kumarakom

Kumarakom

Paradise on Earth

St. Markus' CSI Church

The St. Markus’ Church was built by the Church Missionary Society (CMS) of London in the latter half of the 19th century. The church was meant for the converted Christians in the area, who were economically and socially backward. It is situated on the eastern side of Kumarakom, in a locality known as Unnimanthara. It was Bishop Dr. Charles Hopgill who, in 1915, laid the stone for the construction of the church.


previous  All Saints' CSI ChurchOther Churches  Next