CSI Christ Church
Located in the heart of Thalassery town, the CSI Christ Church has been a witness to Thalassery’s life and changing fortunes that encompassed its religious and educational reforms too. Established by a Basel Mission evangelist, Dr Reinhardt in 1864 CE, this monument stands in all its glory and grandeur, enthralling its viewers.
The Basel Mission architectural style is evident in the church construction. Featuring a bell tower atop its roof, wide-arched windows with stained glass panes, hanging lamps, a central Gothic arch and two smaller arches in the altar space, the structure arrests one’s attention instantly. Surkhi [brick dust] mixture and laterite blocks were the main elements used in its construction, along with the locally available wood and roof tiles for other interior and exterior works. Even after 150 years, this building stands strong, pointing to the sincerity and architectural expertise of those times.
Church Service Timings: Alternate Sundays, 9.00 am - 10.30 am