Kakasana strengthens the arms, wrists, and shoulders. The balancing pose enhances the power of concentration.
How to do Kakasana?
- Squat on the floor. Keep both your feet and your knees apart.
- Stretch your arm to place your palms flat against the floor in front. Keep your fingers spread. Bend your arms slightly at the elbows.
- Raise your hips so that your body tilts forward, bringing your head down halfway.
- Let your knees be supported by your upper arms.
- Focus on a point away from your body, in front. Inhale deeply.
- While holding your breath, shift more of your body’s weight to your arms.
- Raise your feet one by one till you are supported entirely by your arms.
- Breathe evenly while balancing in the posture for as long as you can