Padmasana is described as the basic posture in Yoga. In Kundalini Yoga, this posture is very important during the process of the awakening of Kundalini.
How to do Padmasana?
- Sit on the floor. Stretch your legs out straight in front of you.
- Bend your right leg at the knee.
- Place your right foot on your left thigh with the help of your hands.
- Now, fold the left leg too at the knee.
- Once again, hold your left foot with your hands and bring it to rest on your right thigh.
- At this point, both your feet should be close to the navel. Ensure that the soles of your feet are turned upward.
- Stretch your arms out. Let your palms rest against your knees.
- Sit erect while maintaining the posture.