The CSI church, built by the Basel missionaries in 1842, is situated on the eastern side of the Mananchira Square. The church was built eight years after the missionaries came to India.
Designed using a combination of European and Kerala architectural styles, the church is considered the biggest Basel Mission church in Malabar. There is a three-tiered turret on top of the entrance porch and a series of rooms roofed with tiles.
A pipe organ gifted by St Aidan's Church in Cheltenham, England, is still kept in the church.