The St Mary's Church at Nadakkavu, Kozhikode, is also known as the English Church. This church was built by the British for their countrymen employed in the Collectorate and the military. It has been renovated several times since its construction in 1860.
The St Mary's Church is known for upholding the Anglican traditions of worship to date. A main attraction of this church is the altar-piece, a replica of Madonna del Granduca, a painting by the Italian renaissance artist, Raphael. The tombs found adjacent to the church dates back to 1717.